Friday, June 29, 2007

Equator sun will burn even when hidden...


Hello everyone!

I wanted to thank you guys for your great coincidence stories, it really is a crazy world!

(Also, we have two more students that arrived, randomly with no place else to stay, from U of T and OCAD in Toronto. It's like an Ontario university reunion!!!)


Just a brief update, as we have actually been quite busy this week. We have started interviewing people for Neil's research project, talking to them about their lives and how the loan that we provided will be helping them, and what they want to do with it.

Having to go through the translator, and a whole wack of questions, it does get a bit tiring, but the information we're getting is interesting, and hopefully will be really useful to Neil.

What else have we learned this week? That even if it's cloudy, we're still on the equator, and we'll still burn. Neil crashed with a small case of heat stroke on Tuesday, and I have a tan, which I didn't have on Monday.

We've also been working on the CABDA website, business cards, and brochure. It's exactly what I would have been doing at work in Toronto, so the days in the field are quite a nice mix-up.

Tomorrow is halfway done the trip, which is crazy to think about. I'm wondering if we should take a coupe days to ourselves to do some real tourist things, to break it up a bit. I'll let you know what we decide.

Tomorrow is also Neil's dad's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I hope that the move doesn't mean you can't celebrate. Eat some ice cream and think of me. I miss good ice cream. :)


I'll write again soon, with actual good information, I promise!!!

Lots of love,

Courtney


ps: I've included a photo of me working, to prove that I'm not just ignoring you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh, a picture! have you taken many yet? you two ought to set up a gallery on flickr or something.